Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.



I am so thankful for my MOM!  She is a great friend, mentor, therapist, and godly woman.

Sorry we can't be together for Mother's Day, but I'll be thinking about you all the same.  
Thanks for the great trip to San Francisco--where we had more fun torturing perfect strangers than anyone should be allowed to do.  

1. Are you a professional square dancer?  (I asked a lady right out of the blue) And she said, "yes, I square dance.  How did you know know?"   (To this day, I have no idea how I knew that she was a square dancer..

2. Are you a Newfi?  My Dad is a Newfi.  (Well, actually just when he's in Newfi-land.  )

3. And why are you hitting on my Mom? (to this guy who looked to be 46..) I mean she's hot and all, but..  

4. Could I knit on your scarf for a while?  I love to knit on the airplane.  (to another perfect stranger who graciously handed over her knitting to me.  I even spliced the yarn together for her and made some progress on her scarf)  

5. And (my personal fave) "So, you are living in sin, then?"  (to this couple who was acting rather guilty, and interestingly they both confessed to it...  I think I'll put up a booth..) 

So, those are just a few of the snapshots of the nonsense mom and I got into during our San-Fran trip.  Love you Mom!!  Look forward to many more crazy times with you, as the Lord allows. 



5 comments:

Becky said...

You are a complete riot, and your Mom must be too.
Happy Mother's Day

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Mom's Day Blog. O.M is a riot! She turned San Fransisco on its edge. The Chamber of Commerce is listing her as the newest attraction. Even the homeless flocked for an audience (and free food). When someone guesses without the vaguest clue that you are a professional square dancer, you must admit to your sin, she already knows! MOM

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's hilarious! Wish I could've seen it. You could have a reality show, y'know?!

The dB family said...

Lol! I can't believe you would ask those questions -- well, actually I can. Too funny!

Blessings!
Deborah

Organizing Mommy said...

Oh, I totally forgot about the homeless person chase. And yes, these are the questions that I ask perfect strangers. Doesn't everybody do this???