Wednesday, May 11, 2011

They love me here at Walmart..

My Grandpa Al, who currently lives in the nursing home, gets a little confused at times.  I guess that's why he's there.  Confusion.  Confusion between night-time and daytime.  and who his girlfriend is. and where he is.

"They love me here at Walmart!' he told my Uncle Rick when he went to visit him.  He has resolved himself to the idea that he lives at Walmart.

"I would move out, but I only have $3.00 to my name."
"All I need is a plot of land.  I think I could even live in my truck"

And my personal fave:

"You wouldn't believe how many girlfriends I have here!  I must have 12 girlfriends.."

Yes, Gramps, you have 12 girlfriends at your home, which is, as we all know, Walmart.

His current girlfriend was a gal, twice his size, who ran over him in her "poly-wagon".  Gramps called his little cart thing that keeps him on a buzzer a "polly-wagon" because it is made from polyuerethane.  Apparently, "Tish" has one also, and that is how they met.

Have you ever wondered where you think you'll be living some day?  How would you like to spend your final days at "Walmart"??  However you find yourself in the end of the earthly journey, I hope your heavenly journey begins with being in Him, all the days of earth and heaven.

8 comments:

The dB family said...

I could handle living in Walmart ;o), but I really like my home now and know I will like my heavenly home even better. Your grandpa sounds like a hoot!

Blessings!
Deborah

Organizing Mommy said...

I think I prefer to live at Panera Bread or Pier one imports, but Walmart is O.K. too. My whole family is a hoot! But then again, they are related to me.?

Braley Mama said...

He sounds like a cool cat! My grandparents on both sides all had either Dementia or Alzheimer's. So i hope the good Lord calls me home before all of that!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

How about Ikea? Could I live there?

Maybe Grampa watched "Where the Heart Is" (the movie about the Walmart baby).

Looking forward to heaven,

Julie

Kathryn said...

My first husband became conservator for his grandmother. We had to go to court for this. The judge asked her if she knew where she was.

"Yes," she responded firmly.

"Well, where are you?" asked the judge.

She was silent for a bit, and then popped out every bit as firmly, "Carnegie Hall."

He approved the conservatorship with no further questions.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

please excuse typos... hurt finger...

oh funny! at least he's enjoying himself!

Mrs. Parunak said...

At least he sounds like he's cheerful, which is a big blessing. The world can be a scary place for people who are confused.

Organizing Mommy said...

I'm back!