Friday, July 22, 2011

Confessions: I am Ukrainian.. I think.

So, if you have any doubt in your mind whether or not I am operating on a stable surface, this next post should convince you that I am most definitely not.  But it's such a fun life that I have to let you in.  

So, Will met this young guy at the YMCA and invited him to our Wednesday night prayer meeting and this thing we have at our home that we have dubbed "the midnight meal"..  it's just a super fun time where a bunch of us get together and cook and eat and hang out until sometimes past midnight.  Anyway, Will met this guy, Elijah and invited he and his wife and two babies to our prayer meeting/ home.  In all seriousness, it was a wonderful time with many questions asked about Lord!  But since I do not go into details about how we counsel/ minister to people on our blog, I won't go into it here.  But it was so fun and eternally rewarding, but through the course of the evening, Elijah turned to his wife and said, "Does she ever remind you of my Mom or what?"  (meaning me)  And his wife said, "totally.  everything."  Now keep in mind, Elijah is a 26 year old black man.  So, I was thinking "cool!"  "I am just like a black woman, and they are so hip"..  They have cool hair and an attitude.  I like.  So, I'm picturing this.



But somehow I got out of him that his mother was not black.  She's actually Ukrainian.  Without a lot of drama, I am picturing something like this:



But then my spirits were kind of lifted when after researching this, I found that all of the internet agrees that Ukrainian women look like this.  And.. (I kid you not) are the most desirable women on the planet.  Just ask them.  

Which you all know is exactly how I look, especially when I lift my hand up like that.  ROFL.  

So, then as our crazy life goes, Will and I ended up going out to dinner with some work associates and among them was a Russian lady.  And I asked her  (out of curiosity) if I looked Ukrainian.  She said that I really did.  What the??


So, don't look now, but this is me in 30 years.  Awesome, eh?

As for the hand up lady, I prefer that this stay a modest blog without much fanfare.  I've got a reputation to uphold. But if anyone asks me, I'll beeeee worrrrrrkeeng on my Russian accent DAHlink. 

6 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Поздоровлення на бути українським! Все ще інший дивуючий подвиг для нашого улюбленого їжака!

Organizing Mommy said...

Sure! Leave it to Mrs. Parunak to know Russian also. TRanslation, please.

Organizing Mommy said...

Congratulations to be Ukrainian! Yet another amazing feat for our favorite hedgehog!

Thanks to Google translate! Ukrainian to English!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA HA HA!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yes, and you have to know that I used a translator to write that comment, too. I don't actually know any Ukrainian. ;)

The dB family said...

I'm in tears! I'm laughing so hard!