Saturday, August 27, 2011

Getting out and jumping in..

I love people.  Maybe a little too much sometimes.  I love just hearing about their days or what they are feeling at the moment.  But I think I've become too "networked" for my own good.  I think you all know what I mean.  Facebook overload.  And once you are so enmeshed in it, it is almost impossible to pull out--except cold turkey.

Which is what I plan to do after this weekend.  Cold turkey.  No more facebook account.  I'm sure there will be withdrawls.

I'm sure I'll be going over to my computer 15 times a day to see what is up with everyone.  But I will get through this.  I have to.

Because... I have been offered an opportunity to do something that is going to involve my energy, time and commitment.  And it is going to be harder than teaching preschool art.  I need to focus, get my life organized and listen to God.  I need prayer.  I need help.  I may even need a maid. (well... not yet..)

And the worst part about this is--I don't feel the liberty to go into the details right here.  So, you can pray and if you want to keep up with me, I have a phone, email, and this blog.  And you can even see me in real life--too!!

thanks!!! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm all about giving up facebook! A major time robber!!! Take it from your mother.. life goes on without reporting every bend in the road and wrinkle of the wind. (??) love you,Mom

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oooo! I'm intrigued.

I didn't start with facebook, so I won't "miss" you there, but I'll be watching the blog...

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

I often consider giving up FB, but for now, I'm trying to just limit myself to checking in once every week or two. I'm praying right now for your new adventure.

Kathi said...

Think it over, Sweetie! Not giving up fb, which my Jonathan has also done ("What WOULD Jesus do, Mom?), but starting on a high power adventure that might totally overshadow your ability to truly be there for your family. God knows, not me, but just saying...

Debbie Grana said...

Whew! Here I thought you "unfriended" me on Facebook! I'm so excited for you and Emily and your new endeavor! Oh the plans He must have for you!! I know you will do great and you are going to touch so many more hearts and minds. I'm not one to 'blog' and I have never followed a 'blogger', even one as wonderful as you! I used to be able to stalk, I mean follow your life and antics on facebook. Alas, now I will have to add a new "cookie" to my cookies!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!