Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happenings..and pictures

The summer has been a blur.. but not too busy for this: playing games with friends after chapel//lunch at our home.  My friend, Juli plays a mean game of scrabble!
 And this: meeting my most faithful blogging friend/ commenter: Mrs. P of Pursuing Titus 2. 
 What a fun time!  She and her hubby and five kids drove their vehicle and trailer to our little home and we got "an eyeball" of each other for the first time!  (Although she and I both think we may have met a long time ago at Aunt Kathi's??  possibly when she was 14 or something?)
 And going to a friend's house for a picnic/ party to celebrate his new "man kitchen"..
 But most recently--the mighty floor project..
















 Thanks so much to my precision-minded engineer-type husband who made a wood floor into a work of art..  and to all the boys who helped out so much!!  We nearly fell asleep on the job Sunday night, but we finally finished everything we could do with the rented nailer at 2:00 a.m.
Some people are insane, and that includes us.  Thank you very much. 

4 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh, your floor is looking so beautiful! And it's such fun to recognize where it all is. Thank you again so much for letting our insane crew descend upon you!

Anonymous said...

Incredible and beautiful.

Having been installed with love and dedication by your men makes it darn near perfect!!!

Paula C.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new floor. That certainly is a big achievement and the wood looks lovely.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Congrats on the beautiful floor! And I'm so jealous that you got to meet Mrs. P -- she's one of my favorite writers. I'm a huge fan of her blog.

I just discovered your blog through hers, and I can't wait to read more. I definitely need as much help as I can get getting organized. :)