Thursday, August 11, 2011

The interpretation..

So, if you missed a post and you have no idea what the dream was, it is here: the dream.

I asked for ideas about what the interpretation/ meaning might be--just for fun.  But we have this friend, Michael who, without much ado, gave this interpretation:

The driver's license is your identity.  The credit cards/ debit card is the worldly goods.  By saying you've eaten your credit cards and your driver's license, it is saying that you have died to the concept of your identity being in worldly things.  When it was hard going down, it is saying that it was/is really a struggle to do this.  But the peace/ contentment/ relief was saying that it really is better to have my identity in Christ.  The joy and the peace of having died to these things is very real.

I found it very encouraging.  I'm not saying that I've attained this, but I liked his interpretation, and I really love this song to go with it.  I think I'll download this and put it on my cellphone ring.  Love it!



For those of you who are new to the Josties, they are an awesome homeschooling family who makes music and videos.  We are really having fun with some of their stuff.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

sara said...

Yes, that makes sense.

Kathi said...

Oh Jena, I love the interpretation and the song you shared from this really precious home schooling family! Amen. Our joy is in God our strength! Keep eating, sweetie!