Monday, September 5, 2011

Is this even legal???

Yesterday after the church meetings, I was trying to strong-arm one of my friends into coming over for lunch.  Yes, I really do have to strong-arm people into coming over.  Sometimes they are too busy.  Sometimes they don't like spontaneous hospitality.  Sometimes they don't like beans and rice or whatever.

But usually I can get somebody to come over.  So, I have to start early with my "campaigning".  And then my friend, Becky, pulls a fast one on me.  She asks me to go OUT to lunch with HER.  What's that about?  Is that even legal?  You wouldn't believe what happened next. My family went home and made lunch without me... AND we didn't have any guests over. I feel guilty even typing this.

But it is true.  I told my daughter what to make for lunch.  No guests came over (primarily because some of the regulars were out of town..) and nobody died even.

So, I got to see what the rest of the world does on Sunday afternoons.  Interesting.  People eat in restaurants on Sundays.  Did you know that?  I think I saw many Christians in the restaurant we were in--some of them were dressed up and praying together before the meal.

It's not that it's BAD to eat in a restaurant on Sundays, but why would you want to? Don't you guys think it's so fun to have a bunch of people over for lunch? or any meal for that matter? I was just reading in the book of Acts how people broke bread and ate together.. like.. all the time.  No wonder people were added to their numbers.  It was a blast!

So, I was thankful for the special time with my friend.   Thanks for the lunch, Beck.  It was fun to see what the world does on Sundays.  But I'll be booking a table in my favorite restaurant (home) for next week.  

4 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'm with you. I like having people over. On the other hand, I'm glad you got a nice lunch out with a friend.

In unrelated news, I'm sitting here with my two littlest girls. One of them saw your picture and said, "Who's that?" I said, "That's Mrs. Weber." She got all excited and said, "We went to their house!" Then the two girls began discussing memories. Here's what they said. "They so happy." "They had a hole, and there were toys." "There was a sick boy in that house with a white thing in his mouth." (That's right, folks. The Organizing Mommy let us come crash at her place the same week her son had his wisdom teeth out. When she talks about hospitality, she's the real deal.)

Organizing Mommy said...

They so happy... yes, we are.. you little cruncher. And you can come back and I can put shampoo in your hair--even though your mother likes vinegar! I'm still laughing about the little one--running down to the garden, picking a green tomato and just eating it like an apple. LOL!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I like having or being company, but I wouldn't turn down a friend taking me to lunch ;D

sara said...

I love going out for Sunday brunch. Different strokes, I guess. :)