Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh Happy Day... 43!

O.K.  the Organizing Mommy is one year older.  And this is what I look like right now, this month,  at the ripe old age of 43.   I asked my daughter to take this picture to highlight the jewelry she made for me.  She let's me pick out the beads, and she makes the creation.  What is more special?  Having a cool piece of jewelry? or a daughter who is that talented?

So, other than the 74 facebook birthday greetings I got, does anybody want to know what I got?

Take a guess.

A car?

No.

A new house?

No.

A chicken coop?

No.  My mother forbids me from getting a chicken coop.  She is paying me not to raise chickens.

That's pretty awesome because I got my payment.  For some odd reason, it was $43.00.  My next year's payment for not raising chickens will probably be $44.00.  just guessin'

So, if I didn't get a car, a house or a chicken coop, what's left in life to want?


Remember THIS story where the ONLY THING in the whole wide world that I have every regretted getting rid of?  those favorite grey yoga pants.  I got rid of them on a fat-girl day.  It was an impulsive blitzing fat-girl day when I made the gross error of disposing of the yoga pants into the donation pile.

When I woke up out of my stupor, I had already donated that bag.  Bye bye forever favorite yoga pants.

Well... it was my actual birthday and I stopped in at one of the thrift stores and was looking for cashmere for a craft.... and I found them.  The exact brand, color and size of my favorite grey yoga pants.  I'm tellin' ya.  Did I hug on to those $3.29 pants like nobody's business..!!

So, when I told this story to my husband, he said, "So, you bought back the pants you donated? That's not very efficient."

Totally not efficient.  Except that now I have them back.

And I am reminded of a truth that I heard a while back.

Happiness is not having what you want--it's about wanting what you have.

 And sometimes.. if we accidentally loosen the reigns on something enough, we'll find out what we want and have, and gap between the two will lessen.   So, what I have received, in essence, on my special day is more than a pair of yoga pants.  It is the answered prayer of finding that which was lost and having it so vividly displayed to me in God's creative provision.






5 comments:

sara said...

Happy birthday!

Kristi Lea said...

Haha! What a great story!!! I bet that truly was a neat gift, on several levels! ;)

Well, I do truly wish you a very happy birthday!! I pray God blesses you with another wonderful year of blessings, memories, spiritual growth and happiness!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Happy birthday!

Too funny about buying back your own pants ;D Well done on the jewelry!

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

Wow! A happy birthday from God. How cool is that?

And you really do have such a talented daughter. That's pretty cool, too.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday!!
And congratulations on getting your pants back.
Okay, so that doesn't exactly read right, but you know what I mean! :D