Friday, January 27, 2012

something new and different..

I have WAY too many thoughts at times.  And this week was no exception.  I had to sit down and literally write out a list of everything I was thinking about just to focus on one of them.

checkbook: lost
red sweater: lost
no milk
dungeon-mess
grades
discipleship
ham bone
..

and the list went on. and on. and on.

But somehow getting it on paper seemed to help.  It didn't get anything done, but it contained it all on a piece of paper.

And rather than deciding what to do, I just decided what not to do.  Things like checkbooks and sweaters eventually turn up.  But nobody finds a fresh gallon of milk in the fridge accidentally.  And the lack of order in the dungeon IS a problem but it is not as large of a problem as wasting a perfectly good ham bone because I was too busy to make soup.

And so soup gets made and milk gets purchased, but I'm still not certain where the planner is.

And then I had this really cool revelation.

Maybe I have too much going on? 

Naw! ya think?!!

yup.  It's happened again.  Something new and different--the organizing mommy has to regroup and re-evaluate  again!!  Didn't we JUST do this?  Uffda.

The fresh, newly found energy that I found in the fall is waning in the winter.  Today it is sunny, and I'm sure I'll have a good day because of it.  But those cloudy days really do me in.  I think my husband has ordered me some kind of light to help with this.

I'll call it a "grow light"like the kind you put on little plants to get them growing before you put them in the garden.  And I'm already chomping at the bit to get outside and plant a garden.  It's that crazy layer of snow that is holding me back.

So, with all of this to look forward to in a few months, I need to stay focused on my other (inside) work so I can enjoy the spring when it does come.

Without further ado, the organizing mommy shut off her computer, got dressed, put on sensible shoes, had a decent breakfast and blitzed her life back in order.  The end.   And she found her planner, her checkbook, the red sweater and several dollars of loose change (O.K. that last one may not happen, but I can hope) !!





5 comments:

sara said...

I have one of those lights. It helps, especially when combined with exercise - not necessarily at the same time. :)

MommaMindy said...

Making a list is like dumping your brain out on paper, sorting through it, praying over it, then putting it back in your brain.

May the Lord give you wisdom in how to use your gifts, talents, abilities, energies and ministries in the right measure in the right time. I love you, sis! LOVED seeing you recently. We still have much to catch up on. You might need a vacation to Seattle. :)

Organizing Mommy said...

Found: red sweater, planner, loose change. Still missing: checkbook. picked up/ cleaned: bedroom/ kitchen and livingroom. Yeah!!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Good job! Re-group sessions are so healing!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Glad you're doing what you can do :D Having an orderly environment always helps me cope with the mental clutter.

Julie