Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pinterest

Source: google.com via Jena on Pinterest


I'm sure you've heard of Pinterest--everybody's pinning on their boards.  But I can honestly say that I'm the first one to find this image and "pin it" to my "board".  So, what is that you say?  You have no idea what a pin or a board is??

Well, I'm trying to find a way to classify this social media phenomena.  It's a social media website thingy that allows you to find pictures of things and put comments about them and classify them in such a way as to identify your "style".  And if you happen to have good style and taste, you will most certainly know that your friends should be aware of it by all of this "pinning" to "boards".  And if you are really cool, someone might actually repin what you have already pinned.  And then you feel happy right down to your toes.  or something like that...

And not to completely nullify the entire concept of proving to the world that I have good taste and style, I decided that the world needed to know about "all the weird things I like".  After all, a large cache of plastic bread bag holders is the ultimate in style and class in just about any circle.  And, I'll have you know, that no one else had the picture of dryer lint that I found either.

After all, these are things I like.  And there's a story behind those bread bag clips.

Way way back when I was about 5 or 6, my best friend Shelly and I used to go to her Grandma Bessy's house and spend hours playing with those things.  I distinctly remember the clips, twisty ties and bunches of scrap fabric.  I was determined to make myself a swimsuit out of those things.  I distinctly remember being frustrated when my suit did not fit right.  Actually, it probably did not even fit my Barbie doll, but we had hours of fun with those things.

So the next time you do not want to actually own a  house or decorate it or wear nice clothes or cook good food but just prove to the world that you do, in fact, actually have good taste, join up with the other wishful thinkers and join Pinterest.  It's free, frugal and very stylish.



5 comments:

Jessie said...

This post cracks me up. I love your weird loves. :) And your description of Pinterest is totally spot on for so many. :) I tend to use it for inspiration for projects I'm working on (or see and want to remember to work on in the future), and recipes. I totally pin more than I'll ever do, but I don't think many of the pins are outlandish or out of my reach... if I just do them.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love my imaginary world of Pinterest! LOL! In the Pinterworld everything is as is should be. LOL!
Happy Pinning!
Kim

Bernadette Veenstra said...

I like bread ties too. I never seem to be able to find them when I need them.=)
I am new to Pinterest. But I think it is a less cluttered way to organize good ideas than the traditional bulletin board.=)
Your posts make me smile.

Mrs. Parunak said...

HaHA! You're a scream. And you're on Pintrest, too. Yikes. My list of friends NOT on Pintrest is shrinking fast. Someday I might join. I'm just not sure if I can devote the hours and hours to it that would be necessary to prove to everyone that I have good taste. (I'm only half joking.) So for now, I'll just live vicariously through you.

The dB family said...

Those are the most interesting pins I've seen on there yet :oD! Happy pinning!

Blessings!
Deborah