Monday, March 19, 2012

Haiku

My highschoolers are writing haiku this week.
I think their work is pretty impressive.  What do you think?  Can you tell which animal we were watching?


A prowling stalker waits--pounce!
Then he scurries off
Capturing his nutty prey

                                    N. Martin 2012


Coal black eyes search with hunger
sailing on smooth waves
Swiftly moves the wet, green grass


                                      K. Thompson 2012


Undulating waves of grass
bounding, stomping, stare!
Pensive  grey-brown nut gatherer

                                          The O.M. (teacher) 2012


4 comments:

Organizing Mommy said...

Inverted haiku!! Oops. This is 7/5/7 instead of 5/7/5. O.K. so, we'll just call it "poetry" of free form..?

Mrs. Parunak said...

I'm going with chipmunks.

Fun poems!

Organizing Mommy said...

Big fat grey squirrels!! So fun to watch!

Kathi said...

Inspiring! One year when the kids were little and I was too busy to write anything lengthy, I whiled away my quiet moments by trying to make up a haiku each day. It kept me from going insane!