Tuesday, May 1, 2012

only during lent..

I was busily trying to connect with my many Hallstrom homeschool mommy friends, and I asked "J" a question.

"Hey, do you want to learn pilates?"

"Why would I want to do that? Exercise is horrible.  I only exercise during lent and advent. It's a form of penance.."

Bummer.  I think lent is over for the year.  Now I have to wait until advent to ask her again.

But I understand.  Not everybody loves to exercise.  And even though my friend, "J" makes me laugh and be encouraged right down to my toes when I see her, she has my official permission NOT to love pilates or any form of exercise.

But if pilates has always sounded like something fun that you have always wanted to do, I am teaching a class at the beautiful Anderson Gardens in Rockford.  And... get this.. they asked me to teach a Bible study with it.  Now how fun is that?

You just show up at Anderson Gardens at 10:00a.m. on Monday May 7th and sign up.   Now, there you go.  You do not have to be a member of the YMCA or anything.  Just sign up and come.
--even if it is NOT lent.


5 comments:

Bernadette said...

Wow, that sounds cool. If I lived in Rockford, I'd take your class. It would be great for something new.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What an awesome idea! Yet again, I wish we were neighbors.

And, Jena... I knew you couldn't rest for very long ;D

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

How cool! And who better to teach it than you? It's perfect.

Organizing Mommy said...

Julie! Now I said I "ended" my English teaching career-not my pilates teaching career. I have plenty of that still going on!

As I figured--all of my out of town readers want to join my class..! Any locals??

mmohome said...

Happy to find your blog and the great images that you have on a regular basis!