Saturday, June 23, 2012

Come to Mama!

Do you remember this story where we donated our extra fridge to a friend?  You know the "let him that hath two fridges, give to him who hath none"  story?

Well, if you didn't, you can go read it now.  I'll wait...

O.K. you are back.  So, the bottom line is this.  I really do use a second fridge.  I can fill one fridge with 3 or 4 days worth of food, but it is hard to prepare for guests or have extra produce or anything on hand without a second refrigerator.

So, I kept waiting for the Lord to provide that fridge.  It was getting embarrassing.  Every single garage sale that I went to, I would go out of my way and ASK for a refrigerator.  nothing. nada. zip.

This is very odd.  I always see refrigerators at garage sales.  Where are they???

So, as you know, I got that big 'ole scary garage cleaned up.  It only took... a very long time.. but who's     complaining?  Just because I locked my husband in a closet for a half an hour because he failed to fall over himself with praise for me  is not necessarily mean that I was hoping for a party or anything for a job well done.

O.K. maybe a little party.  or a cruise.  to Alaska.  but whatever.

So,  I did take myself out to the Thai Hut for lunch to celebrate.  and got a mango freezie.   but that's not even what this story is about.

It's about the fridge.

So, my garage is immaculate.  And the only thing I had to do is deliver an entire 15 passenger van worth of items to various drop off sites, and I was home free.

So, right after the drop offs at the Salvation Army "As is"  i.e. "The Dig", the can crusher, and my celebration lunch for myself, I was driving along in a very empty 15 passenger vehicle.

And I prayed this prayer, "Lord, NOW would be a great time to get a refrigerator.  I have an extra 10 minutes, so could you lead me to the fridge?  I have the empty van, the checkbook, and a clean garage to put it in"  Amen.  "Oh, and Lord, could you make it be directly on the path to my next stop.  I don't want to drive all over town for it.  Thank you"

So, my next stop was up near the Clock Tower.  The most direct routing was to go up 11th and turn R on State.  Then I would just take State all the way over.

So, now this is where the story gets good.  Get your popcorn.

I noticed ONE garage sale, shortly after I turned on State.  It was right on my direct route, so I pulled the big vehicle off the road and walked down the alley.

Well, there she was.  Sitting out like a beacon.  All the other items were dimmed in comparison.

A beautiful white, perfect refrigerator.

You could hear the angels singing, "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh"  I think there was a harp in the background.

"Come to Mama!  Come to Mama, you are getting a new home!"  I said to the beautiful item.

So, it was just that easy.  I wrote the check for $60.00, they rolled it over and put it in.  When I got home, my boys flipped it out and rolled it to the back of the garage.  Twenty four hours later, we plugged it in.  And now there is some nice little water bottles chilling in there.


Oh, life is good.  Very good, indeed.  Thank you Lord.


4 comments:

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

I loved hearing the story behind your new fridge. God is so practical too. Awesome!

Mrs B said...

Fantastic! love the story too!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray!

I thought for a moment you were going to FIND a fridge in the back of your garage ;D Heh heh heh!

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

Wow, that's a great story!!! Praise the Lord for giving you just what you needed, when you needed it, where you needed it.