Monday, July 23, 2012

Empty Nesters.. this week only


The kids are gone for one week.

And I only cried for one day.

And now I am enjoying a little bit of peace. 

But I miss them.  

But I made some healthy food and cleaned up the house.  And things are looking up.

I even got out my sewing machine again. 

 A happy mix of turkey sausage, tortellini, fresh mushrooms, broccoli, green onions, basil and pine nuts..
 blueberries, raspberries, fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers..
makes it seem like a celebration...


I want to make it special for Will and I during this little "honeymoon" but I'm not entirely sure what to do--since he has a big paper to write that is due at the end of the week.

So, I think I'll just enjoy the quiet and gear up for another busy school year, just around the corner.

When the Spirit moves, I'll just do some cleaning or organizing or whatever seems next on the list.

Kind of relaxing.

And slow.

I love those kids, but I think every parent needs a break once in a while.


6 comments:

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

I totally agree-with the break idea.=)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Absolutely! Hope you can relax and be productive ;D

Julie

Jenny P. said...

Find a book to read at the table while he writes. And tea! Enjoy your break :)

From The Homesteading Cottage said...

I just found your blog and became a new follower (: Can't wait to come back for more posts...Hope you have a lovely week!!

Michele xoxo
The Homesteading Cottage

Kathi said...

Alan and I have only had a handful of days without any kids in the past almost 37 years, but as of August 18, we'll be empty nesters. Not sure what to think, but I'm sure it will be very different! Hopefully, I'll survive!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Those berries look amazing. For some reason berries are the only fruit I actually want to eat this pregnancy. Everything else seems like it's going to be too sweet. Anyway, I hope you found ways to make your mini honeymoon special and fun, paper and all.