Thursday, July 5, 2012

Keeping it real

Yes, I really did make this meme.  It's my first one, and it totally expresses how I feel about it.

Like almost everyone in the Midwest U.S., we are experiencing record heat waves and the general chaos that goes with it.  It's like someone took a syringe and sucked the life right out of us or something.  The good news is that I am feeling more "at one" with my basement.  And that is a good thing.

When nothing else seems to be working out, I like to go to my basement and see what is down there.  I can tell you what's down there--everything that is not up here.  That sums it up.  It's either down there or up here, but it can't be both, and in some cases, it shouldn't be either.  Which is precisely why I have a garage.

The garage is just a portal to another world.  It's kind of like a dryer, which is, as we all know, a portal to the unknown world of freed up socks.

The garage is a portal to the world of freed up prisoners of the dungeon or craft room.  The prisoners are awaiting their next destination which is the home of a freecycler or the Salvation Army storage tank.

So while these prisoners are receiving their outbriefing before their final departure, they are communing in our 110 degree garage, enjoying the view of the refrigerator.

And no. I'm not caught up or organized, but I did do some organizing today, and I freed some prisoners, and that is a good thing.



4 comments:

momstheword said...

We're are having some heat here, mostly 70-80's which is a big deal to us as it's finally summer, lol!

It rarely gets in the triple digits but when it does I just melt. Even 90's are too high for me.

Love your pin and I'm pinning it, lol!

Barefoot Hippie Girl said...

"I can tell you what's down there--everything that is not up here. That sums it up. It's either down there or up here, but it can't be both, and in some cases, it shouldn't be either. Which is precisely why I have a garage. "
That is so true. I sort through my basement every year around Christmas because I just can't take it anymore. The garage is Mr. Hippie's domain. I am sure it will become mine if we ever move.=)

The dB family said...

Bahaha! So true! I must pin this :o)! I've been working on getting caught up -- nope it doesn't happen.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, that's awesome! Maybe if I present it that way (freeing the prisoners) my DH will get on board ;D

Julie