Sunday, September 2, 2012

Encouragement club

I have a friend who told me that she belonged to a "joy" club.  I seem to recall her recounting this group's activities and mentioned a mutual friend that we each had in common.

As she described the group, I was intrigued.  The goal of the group was to be joyful or happy and help others do the same.  I'm not really sure if the group had religious moorings or not.  But it intrigued me.

A few years have passed since that time, and I never did get the idea of it out of my head.

Wouldn't it be nice to have our own version of a joy/ encouragement club?

I'm trying to brainstorm a bunch of ideas in my head about how/ what/ who/ where would be in the encouragement club.

If you were in an encouragement club, what would you want to do?

  What would you find encouraging?

What would you not find encouraging?



And if you are local to the area, if you would like to join a (ladies) encouragement club, I would like to start one on Monday mornings around 9:45 a.m. at an area restaurant.  Please send me an email/ facebook message or leave a comment below so I can invite you.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it could be a facebook group!! Good idea.

Paula C.

Jena said...

Oh that's a good idea. I am creating a facebook page for the invite, but anyone can be on the page!

Jenny P. said...

Oh I wish I lived closer!