Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy PLAIDs


I think my LOVE language is plaid.   When my mind is all gar-funkeled up, I think about plaids.  Well, I think about the Lord.  But the consistency and repetitive nature and comforting colors makes something calm down in my spirit.  
 And I'm just mesmerized by the pattern and colors.  I like plaids with reds, blues, and greens, yellow and white.

Now this one is cool because the blue is a turquoise hue.

This one is very classy.  I just want to make something with this loveliness.  






 Very simply lovely.  A hat, a coat, a skirt, anything except pants.  Plaid pants--not so much.

Except pajamas.  Now plaid pajamas are awesome.










































As I write about happy plaids, I am watching the two presidential candidates battle it out on the T.V. Which has nothing to do with plaids.  They are as dissonant and these are harmonious.  I can't tell you for whom to vote, anymore than I can convince you which plaid should be your favorite.

But I am going to vote.  And I know you are too!

And just for kicks, what is your favorite plaid? or do you even like plaid?


5 comments:

Bernadette Veenstra said...

The Thomson plaid. Tan, with black, red and white. Love it!

Jenny P. said...

I like plaid in concept, but I can't wear it. LOL! I'm not brave enough!

sara said...

I like plaid, but most of the traditional ones look very bad on me. I have one or two subtle plaid skirts that pass the surplus posterior test, but they were a rare find. ;)

Now you have me thinking of plaid pants and instead of golf attire, I'm picturing something in a sailor pants pattern with a high buttoned waist and flared bottoms. They will be all the rage next year.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Mmm, I love the Black Watch plaid. Used to have a just-above-the-knee jumper of it in my skinnier days. And flannel sheets :D Not THAT'S comfort :D

Julie

Mrs. Parunak said...

I love plaid, AND I'm a real honest to goodness Scottish girl with a real family tartan.

http://www.scottishlion.com/Tartan-Finder-Clan-Name-History/Clan-Names-M-Mac_3/MAcArthur-Modern-Picture-of-Tartan-Plaid-Swatch

It's also very neat that green is one of my favorite colors, and the family tartan is mostly green.