Friday, October 12, 2012

Lifting up hands to the Lord!







































I don't know if you can tell, but that's me.  See my leg on the side?  The level of the sun on the rocks were just right to "lift up my hands" unto the Lord.

Shadows-- imagery--light--dark--sunlight--rocks.

So, what am I praising the Lord for today?

On this beautiful fall day here in 2012, a lovely couple is getting married today.

There's Gary.  Gary is an engineer who sits near my husband at work.  He sat lovingly by his wife of 32 years as her body succumbed to the devastating effects of ALS.  His best friend and sweetheart entered into eternity and left his heart broken.

And then there's Myrna.  Myrna was my daughter's teacher last year.  Darling little Myrna who struggled with her own set of circumstances that left her alone also.  Myrna was the best first grade teacher out there (except for my own mother, of course).  I just was amazed at her patience and abilities with the children.

So, on the day of Joanna's graduation party, I sorta invited them both.   yeah.

The rest is history.

The wedding is this morning.  Joanna is the photographer.  You will be seeing pictures! Don't worry.

But let me say this.

If you suddenly become a widow or a widower, look out.  Mamajean's got something up her sleeve.  just sayin'

*Mamajean is the nickname my kids' friends call me.  

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh hurray!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh, very good. I'm glad to know you've got me covered if I find myself widowed. ;-)

And congratulations on making a happy match.