Saturday, October 20, 2012

OK, alrighty then.

Well,  I am overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed with your kind words and emails.  Although it may look like I'm just trying to go through a midlife crisis, the truth is--I'm trying to avoid one.

For now, the blog will stay public.  There was enough of you who wrote me individual emails telling me that you enjoyed reading this that it would be a significant hassle taking it off the air if I continue to write.

I want a perfect world, though.

Are you ready?

Yes. Of course! I'm always ready for a perfect world.

I want a happy, little non-controversial blog that encourages people and makes us laugh at ourselves and our own tendencies, while cautiously hedging toward greatness, as we humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord.

I want everyone who "gets me" to read.  I want everyone who does not "get me" to go read the other 8 million things on the internet.  Seriously.

And when I push the proprietary edge, which happens occasionally, just push the delete button. Just hit "flush".  I'm cool.  Flush it baby.  That was just my flesh.  Flush the flesh. Winnow the grain.  Let the chaff fall.

So, no one is required to read.

Well, my mother.  Now she is required to read.  And pay me for not raising chickens. But other than that, no one is required to read my blog.

Speaking of my mother,  I really would like to share with you some great words of wisdom that she gave me.

Are you ready?

"Not everyone gets our sense of humor.."

How true it is!

I'm not sure I get my sense of humor.  Sometimes I even say "Who said that?" right after it comes out of my mouth.

Which is who this blog is for.  My friends who can "handle it"...

IT, of course, is whatever IT is.

So, if you have a little bit of a rough edge still on you, if you can just roll with it, if you get this pathetic sense of humor that God gave me, then you have permission to read.

If you do not, then don't read.  Just take me off your RSS feed.  It's just fine.  Go read something good, already.

For the rest of you, I have much to say. Too much. way too much. LOL.


8 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh, it looks as though I have missed all the action :-) Glad you are staying public.

sara said...

Glad you're still here. :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I'm glad you're here :D

The vast majority of the time, I "get" you. And on the rare occasion I don't? Oh well. My loss.

Hang in there, my friend :D

Julie G

Nita Brainard said...

Thanks, Jena, I'm glad you are still here. Can't for the life of me figure what could have caused any problem. But then, they don't all "get" me either.

Mrs. Santos said...

I am so glad you blog. Sometimes your sense of humor "saves" me. Always smiling when I leave your spot and glad I stopped in.

momstheword said...

Glad to hear it! I get your humor. I have a strange sense of humor, I know it. It's weird and warped, I'm sure. But hey, it's mine! ;0)

Angie said...

Whew! You had me scared there for awhile! I'm so glad you are still here! I love reading your blog...found you after reading Jo's blog...thank you for sticking with us, or letting us stick with you!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Yikes! See what I miss when I don't keep my head above water!? I can't believe I almost lost your blog. I'm so glad that a bunch of other folk were swimming along happily and managed to talk some sense into you!