Saturday, November 24, 2012

Once a week blogger

Hi everyone.  No, I didn't die.

But my computer took a tumble, and it has made me an absentee blogger.  My options are: sit in my husband's office in his big chair, which hurts my back or work my blogging into when my daughter is not using her computer.  Since Jo-with-it is taking online college classes and always on her computer, I have not come up with a regular schedule yet.

But today, she and her brothers are on vacation mode  (i.e. still snoozin..), so I have the computer! yeah!

So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Did you have a great time with food and family?

We did.

We do the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry relish.

But before that was served, the boys were sent out to finish the fall-yard prep.  They had the chainsaw out, trimming branches and the big ladder, cleaning the gutters.  Somewhere in this large work bee,
Hudson gets out his guitar and starts singing the blues.

I was doing inside work right above where this was going on.  I opened up the window and heard his little made up song..

It's a holiday
and we have to work all day
We have to get it done
It's going to rain..  

Singing the Thanksgiving blues...   

Which made everyone laugh.

And then when they got done with that, I made them come in and slave in the kitchen for an hour or more--finishing the Thanksgiving prep.

I thought for sure he'd get out the guitar again..  Ah! but there's nothing that quite bonds the siblings like having the parents gang up against them all equally.

Another bad mother thing I made them do is have four of them sit on the couch together and watch a movie with me last night.  (Will and Joanna were out at Messiah rehearsal)  It's just a small thing, but I love it when they are all lined up together like that.

I think I like the day after Thanksgiving much more than the day of Thanksgiving.  We eat leftovers and I make the potato rolls.  Yummy.  Every year.  And. guess what?

Here is what my college son said, "These alone are worth coming home for!"

Yes!  Mother score.

And No.  I do not black Friday shop.  I just don't.  I shop for bargains all year long.  I'll let the other people have these.  I'm done shopping for the year.  

I don't particularly like being in the stores for Christmas shopping.  My in laws are getting a Teleflora bouquet, like they did last year.  (sorry if you are reading this, guys).  My Mom and Dad will get a massage.  My kids get cash and Will and I opt out of getting each other stuff.  I do have a birthday to deal with, so I'll let her pick out something at the Toy Rush.

Oh, and yes, there will be a set limit on how much she can spend.  I'll probably try to give it to her in one dollar bills.  :)

Sorry for the lack of reading on your blogs.  My computer time is limited, but I hope you are all doing well.   I do have a decorating project that I've been working on, if I can get my photographer to take pictures of it.  And I've been doing A LOT of blitzing.  So, more to come!


4 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Glad to hear from you and that you are well. Sorry about your computer that is terrible. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Hope you are able to get your computer working or a new one. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Glad all is well in your neck of the woods (minus a dropped computer - ooops!) I love the day after as well, and NO I don't go to the shopping MAUL either! There is nothing I want that badly.

30 days until Christmas :D

Julie

kathrynwarmstrong said...

I don't know about potato rolls, but if they'll bring the kids home, they sound like a deal and a half! Sorry your computer is down. Is it down and out, or just at the hospital getting fixed? I'm with you on the NO BLACK FRIDAY for me! I might venture out timidly once somewhere between here and Christmas, but I mostly send $$$ to the fam and let them choose their own stuff. I think it goes further and better that way, anyway!

Mrs. Parunak said...

Once a week blogging is a lot better than I manage these days! Thanks for the update!