Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ugh. now I have man hair

I do this brick painting thingy.  It's like this.  You know how people have bricks around the fireplace?  And a lot of times they are dingy brown or whatever.  So, I paint them.

It's kind of cool.  I paint the grout, so it looks like real grout.  And then I shade each little bricklet, combining several colors into the blending/ shading thing.

Quite fun, really.

And so I did the bricks for my house, and then a friend asked me to do the bricks for their house.

So, my family goes over to the house and watches me paint, while they watch a movie.  Prior to this painting, I was blitzing it at my house, trying to clean my kitchen clean.  And I'm sweating like a pig, even before I got there.  So, being miss-efficiency, I brought clean clothes to put on after the paint job, except I needed a shower.

I was gross, sweaty and painty.  So, I jumped in the shower.  Except I forgot this house is a man cave.  Three guys living together, and even their shampoo smells like male fru-fru.  And NO Conditioner!!

This is a crime.  Have you any idea what the hedgehog hair looks like without conditioner? ?? Huge oversight on my part.   So, I was desperately looking for something to tame the hairdo, and I was rummaging around the medicine cabinet.  POMADE.  Now, that is hair stuff!

So, without thinking, I put a gloop on my head.  EEeeewwww... manly hair.  

But it did calm it down.  I confessed to everyone why I smelled like the inside flap of GQ.  My husband rolled his eyes.

"I smell awful" I confessed.

"No. You smell awesome," chimed in one of the guys.

Yeah. awesome.  I'm a regular chic magnet.  great.

I asked them if they just floofed up their hair every morning with this gloop and said, "Girls! Here I am!"

And they confessed that that is exactly what they do, every day, in fact.

Which is, precisely why each one of them is still single.

But it isn't so bad, really.  Now they can sit in their livingroom, enjoying a fire in their fireplace with freshly painted bricks with fresh fru-fru in their hair, just waiting for the chics to arrive.

And to think, I was a part of this.

Life is good.  Good, indeed.

7 comments:

Mrs. Santos said...

And THIS is why I love visiting your blog! Thanks for the story.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I needed a good laugh today ;D

Julie

Patty said...

Haha! Love this.

Becky said...

I just love you. There I was, feeling so bad today - head cold you know - and you are the one to make me smile. Thanks!!

Bernadette Veenstra said...

Hilarious! I didn't know you could paint bricks. Or wear pomade.=)

Nita Brainard said...

Yep. This was fun. And to think, I didn't have to paint bricks or wear pomade to get the laugh! Thanks, Jena.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Bwahahahaha! That is so awesome. I'm very sorry for your hair, though. I trust by now you smell like a lady again.