Sunday, January 19, 2014

Half-way to 90!

























Yes, the hedgehog is halfway to 90 already.

The first 45 years have been a lot of fun-- can't wait to see what the next 45 will bring.  And then, I hope not to live much beyond 90, especially if I've lost my marbles.

But that is unpredictable, since some of my relatives have lived to be 96 and with varying degrees of marble losing.

Someone asked me what I plan to do in the next 5 years.  Because we all know that life doesn't even begin until 50, so I've got a few more years to goof around until I really start living.

Well, some of what I would like to see happen is purely out of my control.  For example, I wouldn't mind seeing some of my older children getting married off.  At this point, I'd even be content with them "thinking about" getting married.  It's one of those things where if I try to push it, it won't happen, and then if I let it go.. maybe it will?

One of my life's goals has always been to be a grandma some day.  That is another one of those things that is out of my control.

So, what is in my control?  Hhhhmmmmm....  I want to continue to be the best wife and mother that I can be.  I would love to see my children walking in the truth.  I would love to see all of my children achieve their best potential as human beings and being a part of that in whatever way makes sense.

In my spare hours, I would love to continue teaching pilates and helping others find health and strength through sensible life choices.

I would love to continue to grow the many friendships I have with people and continue to be resilient when things don't go my way.  I would love to become more like Jesus!

I had been searching for a way to serve the Lord in a volunteer capacity at one of the local ministries in town, and that opportunity did not work out.  So, I am still praying about if I have time/ energy to do some volunteering or not.  Perhaps, something will come up that is not too much of a time commitment that allows me to give back and use my skills and abilities.  We'll see!

Either way,  I thank the Lord for another year.  And for those of you who read regularly, thank you also.  May God give you peace and joy today!

6 comments:

The dB family said...

Happy half way to 90th birthday!! I love your goals! It sounds like your next five years will be busy and fulfilling. May God bless you with continued good health and much joy!

Blessings!
Deborah

sara said...

Happy birthday, Jena! That's such a cute picture of you.

My boys are still at the I'm-never-getting-married-living-with-Mommy-forever-girls-are-weird stage. If something doesn't change in the next ten years I'll never get to be a grandma. ;)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Happy birthday! You look happy and sassy in the pic :D
Wishing you DILs/SILs and grand-kids, all in the proper order,

Julie

Jena Webber said...

Juli!! Emphasis on : proper order! LOL

Laura Santos said...

You sure don't look half-way to ninety, sixty, but not ninety!

God bless you and thanks for all your witticisms and wisdom.

Jena Webber said...

Thanks so much, Laura Santos! I feel halfway to 24! LOL. :)