Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sitting on the summer deck



Almost sundown--but not quite.  The cows are feeding in the nearby pasture.




The sun is  making its final swoop.

















The western sky is peeking through this lovely protector.



The hum of the night birds, insects, and creaking of a swing being jostled--vie for my attention.


Deepest shades of green.

Some in darkness. Some illumined.

Some resting. some upturned.

artistic fractals

When I grow up, I want to be a tree.

Stable. Grounded. rooted. secure.

Free. independent. beautiful. classic.

vibrant. lucid. wise. spontaneous.

self sufficient. protecting. lovely. safe.

Yes, when I grow up, I am going to be a tree.





3 comments:

Laura Santos said...

Lovely! I'd say you are grown up, or very close to it! Thank you for sharing.

Jena Webber said...

Laura-- you are so sweet! After I read what I had written, I was wondering if people would wonder about my sanity level. I was thinking: Psalm 1.

breakingground said...

Not me. I want to be a bird looking down unafraid because my wings can hold me. or a fish and swim naked and unashamed in the clearest, cleanest, freshest running water. That's it. I want to be a trout.