Saturday, July 19, 2014

O Lord, you have searched me..

"Oh Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.

You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways.." Psalm 139: 1-2

--------------------------------------------------------------

God is smart.  He knows us.  He knows us so much better than we could ever know ourselves.

The real question is not: Does God know us?  But-- Are we even acknowledging who we are?

And where we are?  And what is happening or not happening all around us?

And can we get over the idea that it is some how self-centered to think on these things?

Self aware is not the same as self-obsessed.

Self awareness frees us from the shackles of delusion. and sin. and extremes. and lack of purpose.

It helps us laugh.. at ourselves.

It frees us up to serve others.  It makes us less introspective, not more.

It helps us get on with our lives and help others.

I know some of you are doubting the reality of what I just said.  But let me say it this way.

We all have "that" friend.  "That friend" has problems.  His/ her problems are obvious to everyone around them, except themselves.  Everyone is afraid to talk about it.  That friend lives in a state of delusion--constantly making decisions that sabotage their true desires.  They are lying--to themselves.

My people-  we are all "that friend"..  We are all that person who lives in a state of delusion in one way or another.  It is time.

It's time to get to the bottom of our own delusions.

Let the searchings of God be the light for you.  Start with this. At least be honest with God.  He won't be surprised.  Remember?  He knows you.

He knows you.

1 comment:

Phoenicia Oyeniyi said...

I enjoyed reading your post. It is real.

I admire that you incorporate your faith into your blogs.

Phoenicia
organisedmama.blog.com