Saturday, May 30, 2015

No more organizing. No more perfect.

A few years ago I started this blog, primarily centered around organizing.

You see-- I wanted to be organized.  I really did.  It was a goal.

But life got busy.  And I found that I could really function well.. or partially well.. without it being perfectly organized.  And then life just kept happening.

Life didn't ask me if I needed my fridge cleaned every Monday anymore.

Life didn't ask me if I needed to plan a laundry day.

No.  Life just told me that we were out of food or out of clothes.

Life told me that taking care of my family and ministry meant doing unplanned or spontaneous things.

and then the organizing passion fizzled out.

And one day I started to realize that my whole blog was a misrepresentation of what I wanted to write about--what I was actually living out.

Yes, at one point in my life.. (19 years ago) I was All ABOUT organizing.
Today?  not so much.

And I'm realizing that it is OK to just come right out and admit it.

It gives me a great relief to just "not be organized" anymore.

So.. now what? Well.. I will probably start a new blog, under a new name, under a new theme.

And I will probably keep the articles on organizing on this blog-- right where they are.

Yes, I can already feel a sigh of relief..

I don't have a theme yet.  I don't have a name yet.  But I will probably try to hire my same web designer.  And I will post the link on here when I'm ready.

What about you?  Has your blog/ interests/ passions morphed into something other than what your original blog theme was about?






5 comments:

breakingground said...

As long as you let us know where you're going I won't complain! :)

Yes, I'm not really fitting the mold of my blog lately even though I've tried to keep it as open and freeform as possible. I frequently have quite cranky thoughts and I haven't really worked out yet if it is better to let them out or to keep them to myself. Meh. Whatevs.

I look forward to reading more of you though!

Bernadette Veenstra said...

I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Jena Webber said...

Sara and Bernadette and others--
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm still in the planning stages of this, so it may take a while.

Laura Santos said...

I think we've known this about you for some time. 😊

For me, my whole life is different since I started blogging years ago...more about freedom and Jesus...and eternity. Looking forward to what you do.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I think this makes a lot of sense. When you were homeschooling full-time and had a lot of younger kids underfoot being organized was a necessary priority for good stewardship :D But you and your family are in a different stage. God is doing new things in and with you! Can't wait to see your new thoughts :D

Julie